Firing line

Firing line

Thursday 25 June 2015

Sneak Peeks

Thought I'd post a few teasers.

I should be getting the metal masters for the Jacobite cavalry from Griffin next week :)
In the meantime John has been busy doing some more Garde Francais - two poses


 and he tells me he has started on NCO's and Officers - great news
In addition based on a new dollie is a marching Savoia infantry figure. Grenadiers won't be far behind.

My attempts at conversions and sculpts continue
Charging British Infantry, Dragoon horseholder, Highland Officer and highland casualty - I do intend to get these cast up and I'm working on a horse for the horseholder!!!!

This is a converted Minden British Officer into a mounted Highland Officer, I've spoken with Jim and he's quite happy for me to convert some more figures. If there's enough interest we will make these available.

15 comments:

  1. I'm following the development of your Gardes Françaises line with great interest! "Messieurs, nous ne tirons jamais les premiers..."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the conversions. The horse holder will be most useful for the great dismounted dragoons I have. I love the jacobite officer. Time for some jacobite mounted command figures!

    Guy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guy,
      many thanks I'm pleased with how they've turned out

      Delete
  3. Great news that the french horse is coming, and the garde francais firing line look very promising. Here's hoping that government artillery is soon to follow!

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob,
      yes the Government artillery will be coming but it will be Jacobite personalities and artillery crew first I'm afraid!

      Delete
    2. No need to apologize... im sure the personalities at the very least will find a home over here. Any chance of an irish/french gun crew to man a battalion gun or two?

      Rob

      Delete
    3. Rob,
      They're on the list most probably come out same time as the Government crew. ;)

      Delete
  4. Great poses and beautiful job on these figures...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've posted closer-up larger cropped versions of your Gardes Françaises pics onto my blog:
    https://arteis.wordpress.com/2015/06/28/more-preview-pics-of-crann-taras-forthcoming-gardes-francaises/

    I can't understand why no company has ever tackled recreating the Philippoteaux painting as miniatures before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roly,
      Thanks for posting and the support.
      I guess I worry less about profit/ saleability than most. I get the figures sculpted because I want them, my aim is to hopefully cover the costs in sales and that's the objective - simple(s) :)

      Delete
  6. Any more news on a release date for the jacobite horse? Will there be a preorder deal for these too?

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob,
      The metal masters arrived on Friday. They will be going back to Griffin on Monday so about 4 weeks. Yes there will be a pre.order special in a week or two. Photos etc posted next week.

      Delete