Firing line

Firing line

Saturday 18 August 2018

Saxon Artillery

A bit of a sneak peek this one. Griffin JJP Ltd who do my mould making and casting are just venturing into the 3D design market.

I have been working closely with them over the last week to look at making some artillery pieces for the Saxons and my British.

Here's a couple of wip screen shots of the Saxon 'rapid fire' cannon.
There are tweaks to be made and of course the 'T' handle at the rear will be hanging down as it was chain.
 I've been liaising with Dr. Stephen Summerfield over this and I'm pretty comfortable that we are almost there.

The dimensions are spot on and the cannon will suffice for the 3 or the 6 pounder as the barrels were only a couple of cms different which in this scale isn't noticeable.

Really looking forward to seeing this produced.

British light and field 12 pounders I hope to be next.




4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how this "new fangled" technology turns out.
    Richard

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing the final product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. An exciting development using new technology, well done.

    ReplyDelete