Firing line

Firing line

Wednesday 27 February 2019

The Prussians/Hessians arrive

For Charles Grant's forthcoming book ( which I have already mentioned) we decided to commission our own figures that could be used for Prussians/Hessians.

By way of an experiment so as not to disrupt the sculpting schedule I commissioned Dan from Digital Sculpts in Sweden
http://digitalsculpt.se/

To do some figures. I have posted a couple of teasers but once I received the files and printed the resin masters I sent them straight to Griffin for casting in metal, the results are below.

Photos could be better but we have strong sunlight today!!!

Dan and I have learnt quite a bit from the process but overall I am very pleased and should have some painted up shortly. They will be available shortly on the web site and of course at Salute.





3 comments:

  1. Handsome figures! The faces, in particular, are highly impressive.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah, Graham! They look fantastic, wonderful proportions and all kinds of attitude! Jim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for bringing this to fruition Graeme. They are very striking figures which will do well I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete