Firing line

Firing line

Wednesday 1 May 2019

3D prints where to go?

I think people are aware I bought myself a resin 3D printer and that Dan at Digitalsculpts has been preparing 'sculpts' of Prussian Seven Years War figures.
The early Sculpts were good but I found when casting into metal they lost some detail, so Dan has tweaked the models and I think theses will work well.
So far printed 40mm,30mm,25mm and 18mm.

After the Falkirk will do some 20mm and 10mm and then think what to do ! Always open to ideas and suggestions

2 comments:

  1. They all look good, but to my eyes the one TRUE size is 1/56 or 30mm very much along the lines of what you and Jim have been offering all along with your respective ranges. Large enough to stand alone as painted singles or vignettes of a few figures, but small enough to cram onto the table in their hundreds without too much difficulty. That said, there is just a certain something about figures produced from hand-sculpted dollies that, to my way of thinking, printed 3D figures have a hard time of matching.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stokes
      I have to agree, it may be the slight imperfection or that little bit of life the sculptor breathes into their work.
      Having said that the digital sculpt offers lots of opportunities especially for rank and file troops

      Delete