Firing line

Firing line

Sunday 1 July 2012

New Figures, New Blog and New Stockist

For those that have been following the progress of CrannTara Minaitures on my Scotia Albion Blog I thought the time was now right to dedicate Crann Tara with its own blog.
First and foremost see the pics below of the 6 new Highlanders I have received back from Griffin Moulds, they have been undercoated and inkwashed to help bring out the detail until I get some painted.





I hope you agree Richard has done a splendid job and I cant wait to get them painted.
The other great news is that some people have been asking if I was going to make the figures available other than through mail order, I am pleased to say that starting with the Battle Group South shoe next weekend Stuart Armstrong of Colonel Bills will be taking the full range of figures to shows.
You can find the shows he's attending by visiting http://www.colonelbills.com/
I've known Stuart for a long time and I'm pleased he was keen to take the figures on. Mail order will still be processed through the blog.

THE FUTURE;-
I have booked Richards time for August so he will be sculpting the Highland Command, Lowlanders and the Royal Ecosse in short coats and bonnets. Once these are available I will be looking at starting a web shop to make purchases a little easier!

Heres a couple more pics of my painted Highlanders and Crann Tara itself





So exciting times as I make progress far quicker than I expected. Does mean I will have to sell a lot of painted figures over the coming weeks to fund the sculpting but its worth it!

16 comments:

  1. Stu is a top bloke and you won't go wrong with using him :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. They really are beautiful figures!!1 I love the patterns on the targe's too! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian, thanks I've known him for many! Years.

    Ray many thanks for the comments.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Rod,
      Thanks, you're figures are pretty damned good too.

      Delete
  5. would i be right in saying there are 12 individual sculpts? six jacket & six shirt?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely correct, the packs are made up from the 12 figures. The seperate weapons and shields adds to the variety possible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopefully will pick up some at Bovy this weekend, many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be great, having convinced Stuart to stock these and buy a large starting stock I would like to think he could sell one packet at least!
      traveling down tomorrow with the figures for him, looking forward to the event.

      Delete
  8. picked them up at Bovy, lovely at first hand, look forward to the range progressing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful figures. Are there plans for English troops?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Yes there are plans for the English, I want to do dismounted dragoons advancing Line or firing line, not decided yet. I want to get the Jacobites finished first though

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are beautiful figures but what scale are they?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,
      The figures are 1/56th scale and measure about 31mm.
      I suppose in modern terms they would be classed as 28mm.

      Delete
  12. Hi Graham,

    I've just seen your Miniatures on www.brueckenkopf-online.com and they are fantastic - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete