Firing line

Firing line

Tuesday 7 August 2012

The Pipeline and painted figures

For those people who have been in touch regarding future figures etc may I thank you.
Having given a lot of thought and for a change a little bit of business sense then in terms of future releases after the next set of sculpts I will definately be asking Richard to sculpt the Government foot.

There's a couple of reasons behind this, first the economical one in that hopefully I will sell more of these figures and those funds will contribute towards the horse to be sculpted later.

Second I am not aware of anyone who does the Government foot in campaign dress and to that end I think these figures will be a great addition and provide a slightly different view to the battlefield.

Whilst it is unfair to try and pin Richard down to set time scales I am hopeful the Government foot may just squeeze in by the end of the year.

This will leave 2013 for the horse, artillery crews, Personalties etc.

I have painted a handful of the figures in Jackets, that's i between trying the patience of Iain from Flags of War who is helping me set up a web shop.

The pics below show those figures together with a very humble start to the gathering.






I have also (due to demand) asked Richard to sculpt a couple of Highlanders firing for release in the next set.
So thanks again to all those who have supported this little project.

7 comments:

  1. good luck graham with your venture.

    The 45 has always been in the back on my mind as a project!

    Are the Goverment foot going to have all the cuff and sleeve lace?


    cheers
    matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just found your blog via TMP and this is excellent news as I have been collecting Minden British and French. When the new figures arrive I will defnately be sending in an order.

    Regards,
    Guy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Matt, - thanks I have e.mailed you privately.
    Guy - thanks for the support and look forward to your first order!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It seems that you have kept this project quiet and so lovely to see beautiful highlanders.

    Matt can vouch for my passion of the period even with Brian Palmer's print 'Culloden' on the wall.

    I cannot at this stage start the period, but would be very interested later on. Perhaps some miniatures just to paint.

    Keep up the lovely work.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Helen,
    you will be getting another follower shortly, love your painting.
    Just remember temptation in moderation is a wonderful thing! a few highlanders for your FIW would be great!!!
    Graham

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Graham for your kind comment. With your passion and Richard's beautiful sculpts you are in very good position.

    Cheers,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete