Firing line

Firing line

Friday 3 November 2017

Salute 2018

Long time no post - apologies for that, still patiently waiting for the next set of sculpts from Andy Stadden.
However the good news is that my booking for Salute 2018 is confirmed, now whilst a lot of debate takes place about the format of Salute to a small trader like me its business critical, a good day usually lets me plan and pay for the next 20-30 figures in the range.
so the planning starts now! cash flow is critical so early planning is essential, in addition I shall be offering the usual pre.order for collection and to make it more attractive over £60 will give a 15% discount over a £120 a 20% so it's certainly worth considering and I hope to have quite a few new releases out in time as well.

On other things the French army continues to grow, Regiment Foix joins the ranks
painted by Steve Allen and based etc by moi.



6 comments:

  1. Know what you mean about Salute- and yes I'll be there too. It is not quite as critical as that for me but it is still usually the biggest single commercial day of the year. It can be totally mental.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed totally mental and as my son is now living in America my good lady has offered to help! Baptism of fire methinks

      Delete
  2. As a punter I shall give it a miss again in 2018. Unless you want to shop seriously it is not worth either the cost or the hassle. Far better games at Partizan for example and better lighting. But, I fully understand it’s commercial importance to the business side of the hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure I'd go as a punter any more either but if you have never done it as a punter(obviously you have) then you almost have to go a couple oftimes as a sort of baptism of fire or a blooding if you like.

      Delete
    2. I would agree with you there Andy. When I was younger I enjoyed the show in both it’s former locations, but now I just find it wearing I’m afraid. But yes, you do have to do it at least once, pretty much like Historicon if you can. By the way, I thought your take on Derby on your blog very fair.

      Delete
    3. Agree totally with your comments I doubt I would/could hack Salute as a punter these days.
      Historicon is on my bucket list and currently Partizan I feel ticks all the boxes for. Most enjoyable show. York last year I found to be way too crowded until after lunch.

      Delete